The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Supervision and Management program is designed to prepare individuals as managerial and supervisory personnel in a variety of professions. The program provides a career and educational pathway for students who have earned an Associate in Science degree in a professional and technical discipline. This degree also provides an excellent opportunity for individuals with an Associate in Arts degree and interest or experience in acquiring leadership, business management, and supervisory skills.
The BAS in Supervision and Management program includes courses in leadership, strategic planning, accounting, finance and budgeting, human resource management, business ethics, marketing and international business. Elective choices will include additional courses in management, information technology, entrepreneurship, and accounting. Courses are offered in a blend of online and traditional formats, including courses in an accelerated eight-week fashion, to accommodate students’ various schedules and learning preferences.
- Applicants must apply for admission and be accepted to Edison State College. Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities must be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must have earned:
Students are encouraged to apply for admission during the term in which they will complete their Associate degree program.
- An Associate in Science degree from any college or university accredited by a regionally accrediting association, as defined by State Board of Education rule, with a minimum of 60 credit hours.
- An Associate in Arts degree, which includes the completion of the Florida State General Education Core Requirements. Students with a minimum of 60 hours, with all general education and prerequisite courses completed, may apply for admission.
- Applicants not meeting stated admission criteria may petition for program admittance if they feel there are mitigating circumstances. Applicants must submit an official petition form to the Office of the Registrar (forms are available online).
Requirements to Enroll in Upper Division Courses:
- Upon admission to the BAS program, students must attend a mandatory orientation session prior to enrollment in baccalaureate courses.
- Students must complete ENC 1101 - Composition I , ENC 1102 - Composition II , and three credit hours of college level mathematics prior to enrollment in any upper division courses (3000 or 4000 level) with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Students must complete MAN 2021, Management Principles, during the first term of enrollment if not previously completed.
- Students must meet program criteria prior to enrollment in MAN 4915, Management Capstone. MAN 4915 must be completed through Edison State College and is not eligible for cross-enrollment approval.
- Cross-enrollment approval: Baccalaureate degree seeking students must obtain prior approval to cross enroll (as a transient student) in courses intended to fulfill upper division program requirements. Approval will be determined by the appropriate dean in collaboration with program faculty. Students initiate this process using www.facts.org.
- Students who have not fulfilled the Edison State College general education requirements must complete them. Students who transfer to Edison State College with a previous Associate in Arts degree from a Florida community college or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution are considered to have met the General Education component of the degree. Students are permitted to complete remaining general education courses while enrolled in the BAS program. However, prior to enrollment in MAN 4915, students must have all general education courses and other core upper division program courses completed.
2012-2013 Program Catalog Page
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall term - August 1; Spring term - December 1; Summer term - April 1
Degree Requirements: 120 Credit Hours