Congratulations on making it this far! You are only a few steps away from obtaining your degree.
Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 2, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
11000 Everblades Parkway
Estero, FL 33928
Dates to Remember:
November 19, 2013 - Deadline to apply to Graduate and to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
Steps to Graduate and to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
- Run a degree evaluation. Need more information about how to run a degree evaluation? Click here for a one page guide or for visual step-by-step directions click here. Once complete we recommend printing the degree evaluation or saving it to your computer or personal flash drive.
- If you have a YES in ALL columns of your degree evaluation, you are ready to fill out the online Graduation and Commencement Application.
- If you have a NO in ANY columns of your degree evaluation make an appointment to with an Academic Advisor to ensure you are on track to graduate.
Definition of Terms
Graduation is the term we use to refer to the actual completion of your degree. You must apply to graduate and to receive a copy of your official diploma
Commencement is the term we use to refer to the graduation ceremony where you walk across the stage, shake the college president’s hand as your family and friends cheer you on. You must ALSO apply to participate in the commencement ceremony. All students from all Edison State Campuses and Centers who plan to complete their degree this semester are eligible to participate in this commencement ceremony. There is no additional cost to participate in the commencement ceremony, although you will need to purchase a cap and gown from the Edison State College bookstore to walk at the ceremony.
Earning a Degree
To receive the Bachelor of Applied Science degree, Bachelor of Science degree, Associate in Arts degree, Associate in Science degree or a Certificate students must satisfy the requirements for that degree or certificate.
Degree or certificate notations are posted to the student's transcript and diplomas are mailed to the graduate's address of record. Please update your address with the Office of the Registrar.
Students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Earn the minimum required semester hours for the degree or certificate with a cumulative 2.00 GPA and a 2.00 GPA in courses which comprise the degree program.
- Satisfy Gordon Rule requirements, if applicable.
- Complete all non-course requirements, if applicable.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 25% of the required degree or certificate course work at Edison State College.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to Edison State College.
- Meet all deadlines pertaining to graduation. A continuously enrolled student may choose to meet graduation requirements specified in either the College Catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or at the time of graduation. Students interested in graduating at the end of a term must submit their applications for graduation by the date published in the Official College Calendar for that term.
- Students failing to meet the degree requirements in the semester in which they have applied to graduate must reapply and pay the graduation fee. Failure to meet degree requirements may include; incomplete grades, or low evaluation reviews in clinical courses.
Degree and certificate requirements printed in the Catalog are subject to change due to changes in Florida State statutes or Department of Education rules. Final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests with the student.
Please read the FAQs for more information.