2013 Suncoast Pulmonary Symposium
Center for Professional Development
This is a unique opportunity for specialists in the field of respiratory care to network with their colleagues while hearing from industry experts, pharmaceutical companies, and equipment manufacturers about what's new and important in the field of respiratory care.
Our Keynote speakers will be discussing topics such as: The State of the Respiratory Care Profession, Primary Pulmonary Hypertension, The ACCS Specialty Exam and Mechanical Ventilation in the 21st Century. Guest Speakers will included: CEO of the A.A.R.C, Tom Kallstrom, Dr. Charles Durbin of the University of Virginia, Author's Susan Pilbeam and Sindee Karpel, and many more.
Join us and be part of this exciting conversation while fulfilling some of your required educational units - 5 CEU's for each full day are available for this Symposium through CE Broker and A.A.R.C.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Respiratory Therapists
- Cardiovascular Technologists
- Registered Nurses
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Technologists
To Request Registration:
For more information, please contact Terry Grodzki at (239) 433-6963
- Discuss major challenges to the Respiratory Care Profession inclusive of demographic trends for clinical practice, the importance of professionalism in the patient care setting, changing reimbursement strategies and the partnership between the mangers and staff personnel for HCAP scores, ACHA oversight and other external departmental assessments.
- Describe current trends in the management of Asthma, inclusive of the importance of structured patient education and the evolving use of new interventions, pharmacology and bronchial thermoplasty.
- Describe key diagnostic tools for the radiographic assessment of the pulmonary patient. The importance of the Respiratory Care Professional for overall patient assessment in the clinical setting will be emphasized.
- Describe the implications of the evolving array of Ventilator modes with special focus on the management of the low compliance, difficult to oxygenate patient.
- Evaluate emerging trends in Ventilator management inclusive of both noninvasive and invasive methods that optimize for patient synchrony.
- Compare and contrast the changing trends for patient care rendered through private practice and hospital practice physician partnerships. Identify the impact on Respiratory Care practice and inter-professional communication.
- Discuss current trends in event and disaster management through small group workshop method. The unique implications for Respiratory Care personnel as regards team building and prior planning strategies will be emphasized.
- Discuss the risk implications of patient care decisions for Respirator Care professionals with special emphasis on license jeopardy and the medico legal partnerships for Respiratory Care personnel using a retrospective case reenactment.
Vendor Check In: Tuesday, September 10th
(12:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
Attendee Check In: Wednesday, September 11th
(7:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Event Dates: September 11th, 12th, & 13th, 2013
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Exhibit Hall Open Until 3:00 pm
Fort Myers/Naples Gulf Coast Location
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
5001 Coconut Rd.
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Discounted Room Rate: $110 per night
Click here to book your room at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE: $255.00 (15 CEU’s)
Valid Until June 30th, 2013
REGISTRATION FEE: $295.00 for FULL 3 Day Symposium – (15 CEU’s)
DAILY REGISTRATION FEE: $105 per day (5 CEU’S PER DAY)