Frequently Asked Questions

Why do we have to pay an ID card fee every semester?
This is a fee for maintaining current Connect Card services and starting new services each year. This fee does not give you a NEW Connect Card each year.

What is the Connect Card?
The Connect Card is a single, common and recognizable identification card for people who are affiliated with Edison State College. The Connect Card can be used for a wide range of on-campus services such as photocopying, purchases, and other services. 

Do I need a Connect Card?
Yes! In order to take advantage of the many services and privileges of being an Edison State College student, faculty or staff member, a Connect Card is needed. Some of the services and privileges including Library Services and access to financial aid funds in the bookstores require the ID.

Why do we have new Connect Cards?
The main reason is to provide more secure cardholder identification; also, the new card is capable of accessing products and services.

What forms of identification do I need to obtain a Connect Card? Photo ID's such as current/valid Driver License, Military I.D., and Passport.

What do I do if I lose my card?
Call (239) 432-6700 during normal business hours, email the Connect Card Office after hours and on weekends at .

Is there a replacement card fee?
There is a $15.00 fee to obtain a replacement Connect Card. The fee must be paid in advance at the Cashier’s office using cash, check, or credit/debit. The cashier will provide a receipt of payment that must be shown to the Connect Card or ID Issuing office staff prior to the re-issue of another Connect Card.

How do I get a replacement card if mine is damaged? 
Cards that need to be replaced due to malfunction are issued at no charge provided that the most recent card issued is returned when a replacement is requested. (A malfunction is when the black mag stripe on the back of the card has no visible damage, is the current active card, and cannot be read for all activities.) Take your damaged or otherwise unusable card to the Connect Card Office, Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30 pm. If the card is damaged do to misuse, the replacement card fee will be required.

When does my card expire?
Your Connect Card will no longer be valid as Edison State College identification upon graduation from the college, complete withdrawal of classes, or termination of employment with the College. Connect Cash may continue to be used until they are exhausted or a refund has been requested.

When should I carry my Connect Card with me?
At all times when on any Edison State College campus or center and off campus when representing Edison State College.

Can anyone else use my Connect Card?
NO!  In fact, your Connect Card can be revoked if you allow someone else to use your card for any reason.

Can members of my family use my card?
NO!  Never allow anyone to use your card for any reason; your card may be revoked if improperly used.

 Can I use my Connect Card to get cash?
No. The Connect Card is not an ATM card.

Can I use my Connect Card in the Automatic Teller Machines (ATM's) on campus?

How do I get a refund for money I have placed on my Connect Card?
If there is a balance in your declining balance account at the end of a term, it will be carried over to the next term. Balances upon separation from the College will be refunded upon request. If a card holder is not enrolled for 3 consecutive terms, a refund of any balances in Connect Cash will be issued automatically. Refunds on accounts will be made at the full value of the unused balance. Refunds will be applied to the student’s account receivables with the college. All debts on the cardholder’s student account must be satisfied prior to a refund being issued. Any negative Connect Card account balances will be charged to the cardholder’s student account, or billed directly to the cardholder.

Can the information on my Connect Card be erased or altered?
If your card comes in contact with a magnetic field, the stripe on the back of the card may no longer read correctly; this will not alter the information on your Connect Card account.  Obtaining a replacement Connect Card will allow you to once again gain access to services.

Are Connect Card photos and cardholder information kept on file?
Yes, the digitized photos are stored to allow for instant card replacement. Storing the photos also provides an additional means of identifying persons requesting replacement cards.

What if I am both a student and faculty/staff member, do I need two cards?
No. You will be issued one Connect Card that identifies your primary position.

If I have recently finished a semester, and have no intention of returning for the following semester, will my Connect Card immediately be deactivated?
No, your Connect Card will not be deactivated immediately.  Instead, the card will remain active for 3 consecutive academic terms after the end of your last class. This will enable you to access Edison State College services and privileges in order to conduct any unfinished business. If you are not enrolled in classes, certain privileges may be revoked such as access to library privileges.

Can I use my Connect for products or services off campus?
Not at this time.

Important Forms:            Connect Cash Deposit Form        Refund Request Form