Grants & Development
Welcome to Grants & Development!
This is the college's internal district office for all grant submissions and new projects. We are available to assist you in proposal preparation, funding source identification, budget preparation, and other research for which you may need assistance.
Our goal is to provide tangible support for Destination 2020: Creating a Pathway for Our Future through acquisition of grants and other solicited funding.
Services and Responsibilities
- Propose grant opportunities for accomplishing goals of the College's strategic plan, identifying federal and state resources appropriate to the college mission, as well as private funding.
- Obtain and disseminate information on funding sources and grant opportunities.
- Monitor legislation and appropriations that impact grant programs.
- Stimulate interest among faculty and staff in the grants process.
- Provide assistance in the development and submission of proposal applications.
- Review and edit proposal drafts, including the completion of necessary forms.
- Coordinate internal review, approval, and sign-off of proposals.
- Assemble, copy, and submit/transmit final proposals to funding sources.
- Serve as liaison with funding agencies and proposal partners.
- Monitor completion and submission of projects and final reports on funded projects.
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained on all budget expenditures and that projects are actively managed and closed out according to the funding agency's guidelines/policies.
- Develop budget proposals and justifications.
- Provide support for proposal routing and submissions; review submissions for compliance with formats required by agency guidelines.
- Monitor grant projects to assure compliance with policies for expenditures.
Antranette Forbes, Grants Development Specialist
We look forward to hearing about your grant ideas.