Living and Learning Scholarship
Edison State College is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities to live in the newly opened on-campus student residence hall, LightHouse Commons, located on the Fort Myers campus.
Award amounts are up to $3,000 for one term only and will be applied directly to the cost of housing. Individual award amounts are dependent on the student’s individual circumstances.
- The priority application deadline for the Spring 2014 Housing Scholarship is
October 31, 2013.
- The final deadline for Spring 2014 consideration is November 15, 2013.
To complete the housing scholarship application packet, please submit the following documents, if you have not already:
- Edison State College Admission Application
- On-Campus Housing Application (located in your student portal)
- On-Campus Housing Scholarship Application Include your completed housing application (including the $100.00 application fee) with the Housing Scholarship application.
- Write a statement that
- discusses your financial need,
- describes how this scholarship will assist you,
- illustrates how you as a recipient of this scholarship will live out the Student Affairs motto: "Student Affairs contributing to student learning and development by engaging • relating • leading."
- explains why you want to live on-campus.
Your written statement should be at least two pages but no more than three pages.
- Submit a resume which includes a list of extracurricular activities, volunteer work and responsibilities you have.
- Include a two (2) page Statement of Financial Need describing how this scholarship will assist you and why you want to live on-campus. Please include a list of extracurricular activities, volunteer work and responsibilities you have.
Fax, mail or hand-deliver items 1-5 (if they are not already on file with ESC) to:
Dean of Students Office
Edison State College
Taeni Hall S-262
8099 College Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33919
Fax: (239) 489-9291
Additional Requirements and Information:
There are currently no upcoming events for Housing. Check back soon!