Unit 5: Search Tools: The Online Catalog
Lesson 14: Sample Search: Bibliographic Record
Each catalog or bibliographic record contains the following information about the work described:
- Author: the person who wrote or created the work
- Title: the title of the work
- Published: publisher, place of publication, and date
- Format: publication type, such as book, DVD, electronic resource, etc.
- Description: a physical description of the work, including its size, number of pages, illustrations, etc.
- Subject: subject terms describe what the work is about
continue to next page>