Unit 9: Evaluating the Internet
Lesson 7: Design
Consider the design of the website you have accessed. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if the site is professionally designed.
- Is the website well organized? The site should be clearly organized. Its main content should be located within two or three clicks of the homepage.
- Is the text easy to read? Graphics, fonts, colors, and backgrounds should not distract from the text.
- Does the site have a search engine? If the site is searchable, it should include Help and Search Tips pages with clear instructions.
- Is the site easy to navigate? You should be able to find relevant information with ease. Each page should have a link to the homepage. A site with multiple pages should have a site map and/or a table of contents.
- Does the site load in a reasonable amount of time? Each webpage should consistently be available, and load without problems.
- Is the site well designed? Search engines, graphics, animation, sound files, featured links, and introductory and transitional pages should enhance the accessibility of the site, and serve a clear purpose.
continue to next page >