Financial Aid Planning Tips
To better serve our students we have implemented two new programs to help you through the financial aid process.
We now offer free financial aid workshops on the Lee Campus to help our students accurately complete the application Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Each year the federal government requires all students to fill out a new FAFSA. Processing your application may take four to six weeks, so we recommend applying as soon as possible. To register for a workshop on the Lee Campus (open to all students) please email Lizzette Roman or call the registration hotline 239-433-6960.
Also, we are providing each student with a Financial Aid Counselor. Your financial aid counselor is available by phone, email or a personal visit to help answer your questions. Your Financial Aid Counselor is determined by the first letter of your last name. To find your Financial Aid Counselor please copy and paste this URL into a new webpage: http://www.edison.edu/financialaid/contact.php.
As we approach the new year, here are some tips to help the Financial Aid process run smoothly:
• File early. You may file as early as January 1, 2012 but not sooner!
• File electronically and check the government's website at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
• If your parent's information is required, they will need to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
• Keep important documents such as tax returns,W-2's, unemployment statements, social security statements, and bank statements close at hand as these are some of the most requested documentation items requested during the verification process.
• You will need the Edison State College school code - 001477 on your application or we will not receive your information from the federal government.
• If you have previously applied for financial aid you need only update information that has changed.
• If you are required to file taxes, file as early as you can.
• If your income/household information is about the same you may estimate.
• Check your Edison State portal frequently for updates about your FAFSA.
If you have questions we are happy to help. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor or visit our website Edison State College Financial Aid
The Office of Student Financial Aid, Edison State College