Funding for Research
NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation.
- involve students in ongoing research programs or in research projects specially designed for the purpose.
An REU Site consists of a group of ten or so undergraduates who work in the research programs of the host institution. Each student is associated with a specific research project, where he/she works closely with the faculty and other researchers. Students are granted stipends and, in many cases, assistance with housing and travel.
An REU Site may be at either a US or foreign location.
Search of REU sites: http://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.cfm
NSF Course, Curriculum and Laboratory Improvement (CCLI)
- Create learning materials and strategies
- Implement new instructional strategies
- Develop faculty expertise
- Assess and evaluate student achievement
- Conduct research on Undergraduate STEM Education
NSF STEM Scholarships
Deadline August 2009
STEM Talent Expansion Program (STEP)
- Supports Undergraduate Research & Bridge Programs
- Student Financial Incentives