Lee Peer Tutoring Online Job Fair
The Peer Tutoring Center at Lee campus is holding an online job fair for those who wish to be tutors in the spring term! We are looking for smart, multi-talented students with a good sense of humor and a love of helping and learning.
Interested? In order to apply, you must…
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a current student taking classes at Edison State College
- Not be working any other positions on campus
- Have a passion for helping your fellow students and a willingness to work hard and learn a LOT!
More on Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutors work in the Peer Tutoring Center, both one-on-one and in small groups, to help their fellow students understand their coursework better and be more successful in and out of the classroom. Your time as a tutor will be spent not just helping your fellow students, but developing interpersonal skills, customer service abilities, and diverse strategies for success (for both you and the students you work with). If you want experience working in a professional, fast-paced environment, Peer Tutoring may just be the job for you!
Become a Peer Tutor
If you’re interested in becoming a Peer Tutor, and you meet the criteria listed above:
- Fill out the tutoring center application
- . Please attach the application as a Word document that should be named “lastname.firstname.”
- Fill out a Student Employment application by visiting this site: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/edisonedu/default.cfm as required by Human Resources.
We will accept applications for the Peer Tutoring positions starting at midnight on November 12th, and will close the pool on midnight of November 22nd. Applications MUST be sent by email; no in-person or telephone applications will be accepted.
If we are interested in your application, we will respond to you by November 26th to schedule an interview. All new tutors will be required to attend a 3 hour orientation before the spring term starts in January.
Please contact Rachel Lieberman at . We look forward to your application!