Lee Peer Tutoring Online Job Fair
The Peer Tutoring Center and Writing Center on Lee campus is accepting applications from those who wish to be Peer Tutors in the summer or fall term! We are looking for smart, multi-talented students with a good sense of humor and a love of helping and learning.
Interested? In order to apply, you must…
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a current student taking classes at Edison State College
- Not be working any other positions on campus
- Have a passion for helping your fellow students and a willingness to work hard and learn a LOT!
More on Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutors work in the Peer Tutoring Center, both one-on-one and in small groups, to help their fellow students understand their coursework better and be more successful in and out of the classroom. If you work in the Writing Center, you’ll be helping current students develop and hone their writing skills for a variety of classes. Your time as a tutor will be spent not just helping your fellow students, but developing interpersonal skills, customer service abilities, and diverse strategies for success (for both you and the students you work with). If you want experience working in a professional, fast-paced environment, Peer Tutoring may just be the job for you!
Become a Peer Tutor
If you’re interested in becoming a Peer Tutor, and you meet the criteria listed above:
- Fill out the Peer Tutor Application
- . Please attach the application as a Word document that should be named “lastname.firstname.” Completed applications can also be dropped off in I-116.
- Fill out a Student Employment application by visiting this site: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/edisonedu/default.cfm as required by Human Resources.
We are accepting applications now, and will continue until all positions have been filled. Applications can be sent by email or delivered in person to I-116.
If we are interested in your application, we will respond and discuss the next move in the application process. All new tutors will be required to attend a 3 hour orientation before starting work.
Please contact Rachel Lieberman at . We look forward to your application!