Attn: Veteran

The Office of Veteran Affairs has moved to Q107 & Q108

Veteran Services

Edison State College is an approved Institution for Veteran Benefits. Veterans and those eligible for VA benefits must meet Edison State College admission requirements to be certified by the VA certifying Official to receive VA Education benefits. Eligible students are to complete the required VA procedures as early as possible before registering.

How to Apply for Veterans Education Benefits

Apply Online- Veteran Online Application

The Veterans Affairs Office for Edison State College is located in Howard Hall (Q), Room 107. Veterans and dependents of veterans who are eligible for educational benefits should:

  1. Contact the Veteran Affairs Office well in advance of enrollment to process eligibility forms
  2. Apply for admission as a degree seeking student
  3. Submit the application for VA Education Benefits and DD-214 or the Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran Affairs Office for certification of enrollment. Submit additional forms if requested for certification to the Veteran Affairs Office
  4. Contact the Veteran Affairs Office when registering for classes each semester, changing a course schedule or degree program or making a change of address
  5. Contact the Veterans Affairs Office with a schedule receipt as soon as possible before the beginning of each term to avoid a delay in receiving benefits
National Guard Fee Exemption

Recommended National Guard enlistees may be eligible to receive a fee exemption for a percentage of their tuition costs. Contact the National Guard Education Officer. Eligibility for the exemption must be processed by the Cashier's Office, Lee County Campus.

Veterans Dependents

Wives, widows, or dependents of deceased or 100 percent disabled veterans should contact the Veterans Affairs Office for the appropriate forms.

Veteran Transfer Students

A transfer student must have a transcript(s) from the previous college(s) forwarded to Edison State College before transferring. The Veterans Administration (VA) must be notified of any credits accepted by the College. The student's certification for benefits will not be processed by the VA office until the transcript(s) is received and evaluated by Edison State. Failure to have the certification finalized will delay the veteran's benefit check.

Approved VA Programs

The student must be working toward an approved degree in order to receive VA benefits. Students should contact the College Counseling or Advising Centers to ensure that the classes they plan to take are required for the degree selected. This will avoid the possibility of overpayment for classes not required for the degree. A student will not be paid for a course repeated to earn a higher grade, unless the student received an "F" in the course or a "D when a "C" is required.

Deferment of Tuition

Veterans and other eligible students may receive one deferment each academic year if there is a break (failure to return in a subsequent semester) in the VA benefits. Veteran deferments are processed by Edison State College, Veteran Affairs Office. Click Here for more info.

Change of Status and Attendance

Veterans, who withdraw, drop or add a class should notify the Veterans Affairs Office immediately. Such a change could result in an incorrect payment from the VA. Withdrawals and grades of "W" are retroactive to the beginning of the term, and the VA does not pay for courses in which the student receives a grade of "W."

Standards of Progress for Veteran Educational Benefit Recipients

Veterans must maintain a "C" (2.0) grade point average to remain in good standing. If the veteran does not have a 2.0 after attempting 12 credit hours, the student will be placed on academic warning. After attempting 24 credit hours, if the veteran still has less than a 2.0 GPA, the veteran's benefits will be terminated by the VA.