I am a Transient Student
...if I am a student at another Florida PUBLIC college or university and would like to enroll at Edison State and then transfer the coursework back to my “home” institution.
I am a Guest Student
...if I currently attend a private or non-Florida state college/university and would like to enroll at ESC and transfer credits back to my “home” institution.
Steps to Apply
Transient College Students
- Go to www.flvc.org
- Create Account
- User type-College or University Student
- Fill out information and hit “Submit”
- Go to Apply
- Select Transient Student Admission Application
- Log In
- Complete the application
Note on Residency
Residency for transient students will be based on the residency classification from the home institution. (This means if you pay in-state tuition rates at your “home” institution, you will pay in-state tuition rates at ESC).
Example of a Transient Student
You grew up in Southwest Florida and went away to another PUBLIC Florida college or university. You are home in SWFL for the summer and would like to take a few classes to transfer back to your school.
Applications should be submitted through www.flvc.org. The application fee is waived for transient students!
Steps to Be Eligible to Register for Classes
- Apply Online as a non-degree seeking student
- Pay the Application Fee ($20)
- Provide a letter of good standing along with approval to take specific courses from the “home” institution. Submit the letter and approval to:
- Edison State College
Office of Admissions – Taeni Hall
8099 College Pkwy
Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Submit the Florida Residency Affidavit and documentation in order to receive in-state tuition.
Example of a Guest Student
You grew up in Southwest Florida and went away to private Florida or out-of-state college/university. You are home in SWFL for the summer and would like to take a few classes to transfer back to your school.
There are currently no upcoming important Admissions dates. Check back soon!