Association of Florida Colleges
Message from the AFC Chapter President, Sue Buntic
Welcome to the home page for the Edison State College Chapter of the Association of Florida Colleges!
On behalf of the Association of Florida Colleges, AFC, we would like to invite you to join your colleagues and become a member of AFC. We are the professional organization for employees of the community college system.
As a member of AFC, you are joining other college employees who are committed to making a
difference locally and on the state level. We work hard to protect your interests and to promote the growth and advancement of the Association of Florida College System and its employees. When you Join AFC, you join an organization that for 60 years has been an advocate for community colleges and their employees. We are your voice, and our voices carry throughout the state.
Locally, we sponsor events for our faculty, students, and staff. If you are interested in professional development, networking on campus, community service, and in the political process for higher education, we are the organization for you.
The benefits of AFC membership are plentiful:
- Professional development opportunities;
- Access to information on issues and programs that affect higher education, the state college system, and you;
- Opportunities to attend workshops and conferences;
- Opportunities to apply for AFC partnership scholarships and grants to continue your education;
- Connect with colleagues both at Edison State College and colleges around the state;
- A voice in issues that affect Edison State College and you as a college employee or retiree;
- Attendance at AFC meetings to ask questions and voice your opinion on issues that impact you, your institution and your students;
- Collaboration in advocacy efforts;
- Opportunities to help others through local and statewide service projects; and
- Lifelong friendships with others having the same interests.
For more information, feel free to contact us at .
AFC Chapter President